>It’s been almost a week. I make no apologies. I’m adding two buttons to my sidebar today. Here is the first:
You can click the button to learn more about Blogging Without Obligation. Here’s a sample:
Because only blogging when you feel truly inspired keeps up the integrity of your blog.
I’ve had a rough week, and I’ve just been in a funk. I missed the April Friday Night Sew-In, which sucks, but I just wasn’t feeling it. I finally got back to my machine the other day, and I’m working on some smaller projects this week. More to come later this week, since one is a birthday present for a friend, and I don’t want him to see it here first.
Here is the second button:
I have been stressed lately with all the projects I’m working on. Most of them are pretty small, but they all need to be done in the next 1-3 weeks! Jacquie at Tallgrass Prarie Studio is hosting this challenge. It started Monday and lasts six weeks. I’m breaking up my to-do list into two sections, one to be done by the halfway point May 10, and one to be done by the end of the challenge on May 31. Divvying up my to-dos was easy, because everything in the first part has a deadline! Luckily, only one of those things is a quilt; the rest is a bunch of little sewing projects. Here’s my list so far:
- By May 10
- Happy Campers quilt for my Dad’s birthday (this actually has to be completed and washed by April 29. I’m 40% done quilting it. Hoping to spend my weekend finishing that…)
- 2010 Great Potholder Pass hosted by Malka at A Stitch in Dye. (I have to have these mailed the first week of May, so I have less than two weeks to make them.)
- A birthday present for my best friend, which needs to be mailed to Taiwan! I can’t say what it is, because I know she reads this. (Jimmie, I love you, but your present will probably be late)
- Garden tote for Mother’s Day (this doesn’t necessarily have to be finished by Mother’s Day, since I’m not sure when I’ll be visiting my mom.
- Notebook cover I’m making with some of my Make Life winnings using this tutorial at Sew Mama Sew — this one is just for me 🙂
- A little something I’m making for the Bee in my Bonnet members
- Deanna‘s blocks for Bee in my Bonnet
- Pinwheel Sampler quilt, following the Pinwheel Sampler Quilt-Along by Rachel of p.s. i quilt
- Whirligig quilt, which has been sitting on a shelf for far too long
- Hexagon quilt following the Hexagon quilt-along by Julie of Jaybird Quilts and the Old Red Barn Co.
By May 31
I have a lot on my plate! My reward for finishing this enormous list will be to actually buy fabric and start a new project. I’m resolving to only add small projects to this list. I’m hoping to have my first finish ready to show in the next day or two! Are you joining Jacquie in the Spring to Finish Challenge? What’s on your list?