fires spark across state; lady gets stuck in chair, teaches important lesson

Flames burn out of control at Possum Kingdom Lake

Tonight I worked a fantastically reported story about a rash of devastating wildfires in our area. I think we had 40 going throughout the state. It was a stressfull night, but I do love breaking news. And coming in just under deadline (ok, maybe a minute or two over) and being really proud of the work everyone did. (There was quite the twitter lovefest among my coworkers. I’m going to miss them when I don’t work there anymore.)

But it wasn’t all deadlines and devastating fires. Earlier in the night, I worked a story about a lady who got trapped in a chair and almost died, but waited up all night for the newspaper delivery person. Before you laugh, you should probably read the story. It’s really sweet. And subscribe to the newspaper. It could save your life.

Newspaper

Images link to source/credit, from Flickr users The National Guard, top, and brad.rourke under Creative Commons license 2.0.  (The top photo is of a fire earlier this year in Texas, not one of the many that broke out this weekend.)

cross-posted from http://scrambledmeggs.posterous.com/fires-spark-across-state-lady-gets-stuck-in-c

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “fires spark across state; lady gets stuck in chair, teaches important lesson

  1. Pingback: Previous Post « scrambled meggs

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s