I started this blanket before Thanksgiving, but I let it sit for a while and would up finishing it on Dec. 22. It’s made out of 20-something of my brother’s college T-shirts.
The front and backs of each T-shirt line up. I spent a lot of time measuring and arranging and rearranging to get an interesting shape and distribution of value, working with what I was given and trying not to cut into any T-shirt design.
This project taught me to stay away from jersey. I don’t know if I’ll ever make something like this again. I’m actually rather nervous about what will happen when it gets washed.
I am quite excited to get started on new things, though.